Times for the allowance of building/extension works

MandaC

My mum's neighbours are getting their whole house refurbished. They seem to be getting it done through nixers where people are showing up before or after going to their day jobs and weekends. As a result there is banging/hammering at five am to 9am weekdays and Saturday and Sunday/Bank holidays, etc. It is not every morning, but intermittently for the past four or five months. Also, they do DIY (well some of their relatives do and start tapping at walls at 4am (happened twice now)

My mam wants to speak to them about this. Another neighbour already complained but was very washy about it so nothing changed. Is there anywhere I can download any documents where it outlines the rules in respect of building work (SDCC) as my mam would like to have it to hand before she speaks to them.

When we had our extension work in progress, the planning permission included restrictions for hours of work.Even if the neighbour didnt require planning I would contact your local planning authority to check on any restrictions. But regardless of that If they are showing a blatant disregard for their neighbours you could always speak to the gardai and they would sort the problem out diplomatically as it is the equivalant of someone having a party til 4am on a regular basis. good luck with this.

Me again,

your problem could be solved if you google breach of the peace or nuisance noise. your neighbour is in fact breaking a couple of laws.(including the law of common sense) good luck with this.

Back