Timer for Gas Central Heating

frescoflyer

Hi,

I need to replace the timer for my gas central heating.

Ideally, I would like to get the exact same timer as it will make
fitting / replacing that much easier.

The make on the timer is "Apt" and is white with a circular, 1/2 hour increment time piece.

Does anyone know where I could get the same timer?

Cheers,

Fresco

Not the same but perhaps [broken link removed] would do the trick - about €40 locally.

I have 4 timers of the same make as described above.
Trouble is the clock part has stopped turning on two therefore they are of
no use as a timer. They are approx. 8 months old.
There is power going to the timer, because if you switch to constant/on the boiler works and the light on the timer lights up.
I find it strange that two of the four suddenly stopped.
Anyone have a similar problem or possibly suggest a solution.

I have one of the Apt timers and the clock stopped working in the last 2 weeks, its approx 1 yr old. Old timer clock worked for about 15 yrs ! Is anything made to last now ?

Go for an electronic timer rather than the analogue type if you are replacing it at all.
The electronic one will invariably be bigger than the old analogue one so therefore will cover the old hole in the tiles and look neat and tidy when it's done.
You will have way more flexibility with an electronic timer. Cost roughly €70 in B&Q / Woodies / Atlantic Homecare

Is changing the timer a simple DIY job, couple of wires and away you go or should I contact an electrician.
I believe they should last longer than 1 year. Secman this is similar to mine
[broken link removed]

Do you have the same.
I'm thinking I should contact the company and complain, seeing as I'm not the only one with the problem. Besides if I need to change two it going to cost alot and whos to say the remaining two wouldn't give trouble later.

Is changing the timer a simple DIY job, couple of wires and away you go or should I contact an electrician.

If you know what you're doing, electrics wise, then it's a straightforward job. Many of these timers will come with instructions. Read these, and if you know what needs to be done, go for it. If you're in any doubt, get the pros in.

I'm thinking I should contact the company and complain, seeing as I'm not the only one with the problem. Besides if I need to change two it going to cost alot and whos to say the remaining two wouldn't give trouble later.

If they're only 8 months old, they should still be covered by warranty. If you bought these yourself, dig up some proof of purchase and go back to where you bought them from.
Leo

Back