time it takes to complete work. (conservatory and an attic conversion)

kiwifruit

Im looking to get a conservatory and an attic conversion done at the same time,I got a reasonable quote but when I asked him about the timeframe,he said about 2 months!! am i being fair or could you build a house in that time,

Re: time it takes to complete work.

Friends were quoted three months for an attic conversion and a small extension build - they had a number of quotes before deciding to go ahead (as there was a baby on the way) and thought it sounded pretty reasonable. They were pleased with the end result. Quality over quantity etc.......

You will find that 2 months is a reasonable time for the works as outlined.

Dont know what type of house you would build in that time apart from a dolls house :D

Im looking to get a conservatory and an attic conversion done at the same time,I got a reasonable quote but when I asked him about the timeframe,he said about 2 months!! am i being fair or could you build a house in that time,

2 months is reasonable. The attic conversion is a messy job though!

2 months is reasonable. The attic conversion is a messy job though!

We got our attic done a few years ago. I'd say two months is doable. It's very messy as everything has to come through the house.

Be prepared to have a very messy house for the duration of the build.

Best of luck

Ruam

Any idea how long it would take to do an over garage / pitched roof conversion?

No stairs; just knock through a wall.

BM

It will take about 6 to 8 weeks if the contractor turns up every day and the weather is kind.
Make sure that the building is done from the outside via the window. This will cut down the amount of dirt and dust. Once this is done the break through into the house should take place

Back