Time it takes to actually get tax registered?

nktile

Hi guys,

wonder if anyone could help me? If i send of TR@ tax forms today, does anyone know, or have experience as to how long i should expext it to take before i get my details back? I really need to get it asap, anyone know if their is anyway of hurrying it along? fraid i put it on the long finger and urgently need it now...!:eek:

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

What's a TR@ form? What form did you mean to quote? Which tax office did you send it to (or are you going to send it to?)

ooopsbuddy indeed!:eek: sorry TR2. well i am based in south dublin, so will be sending it to the corresponding office,( have not looked yet, think its lansdowne house of the top of my head)

No way of officially hurrying things along but the process is usually quite quick. Make sure your TR2 is properly completed, any errors will cause delays.

I would post it and follow it up with a friendly phonecall. A couple of days later phone the same person back to check on progress.

Often the tax ref. number is issued in a few of days but the posted confirmation can take over a week. Timeframe does vary from district to district though.

Depending on time of year, the process can be quick or slow. If you are registering for VAT, this will lengthen the process significantly, as the Revenue must now undertake anti-fraud precautions before issuing VAT numbers.

As it is a TR2, if it is a husband and wife company, make sure that the wife has her own PPSN, not the husbands number with a W. Revenue now insist that all directors have their own number. Previously married women were given their husbands number with W - husband 1234567A, wife 1234567AW.

thanks very much for all the advice. Do really appreciate people taking the time to help out. wont be registering for vat so hopefully will speed things up. thanks again.

Back