Time for a positive news only forum?

Bonafide

I am so sick of reading all the bad news at the moment that I allow myself at least one day a week where I will not pick up a newspaper and avoid the news.

Unfortunately, I have to avoid reading AAM also.

Should we have an economic good news forum, announcing job creation and positive activity in the markets etc..?

We could perhaps raise consumer confidence in our own small way. Get those in secure jobs out spending again so that we can collect the much needed VAT and keep people in the service / retail sector in jobs.

Like, talk ourselves out of the recession we talked ourselves into.

Seriously though, it's a good idea. I've changed my RSS feeds as I'm sick of being so up-to-date in my depression.

Ditto ... I can't listen to talk radio anymore ... I've stopped watching the news - and I'm not buying daily paper anymore ... I've had enough of the doom and gloom.

I think a "good news" section is a great idea. You could post anything random so long as it has a happy ending. Mods, any chance?

Sublimity @ 16's each way in the Champion Hurdle...........very positive outlook.

Roy

Fantastic Idea.

We could call one section "dealing with the deficit with optimism" where you can constructively discuss how you feel differant aspects of the deficit could be fixed. Striking, blaming the bankers, blaming the government, blaming those who voted for the government are judged as reasons why we need to work harder together to get the country moving.

The other can be called "dealing with the deficit with Pessimism" where you can blame everybody but yourself for the trouble you are personally in and verbally shoot down anybody who suggests anything but striking.(warning . . anti depressants advisable when entering this section!).Striking, blaming the bankers, blaming the government, blaming those who voted for the government are judged as reasons why we have the right to strike (and should rightfully take up this option) and demand somebody else to pay for the countrys problems. Personal Accountability for anything thats happened in the country up to now, is not accepted or tolerated here particularly if they didnt vote for Fianna Fail.

Most importantly, To hammer home the concept, there should be a happy face smiley on the optimistic forum and an angry smiley on the pessimistic forum.

Good news for the day - Joe O'Reillys appeal failed, justice has been served!

Some cheery chap from IDA says some good news on the jobs front on the way. Also half of the Government staying at home for st. patricks day

Cork hurling strike nearing an end. Bad news for Kilkenny.

Surely that qualifies as good news!

I'd say the good people of Tipperary, Limerick, Clare, Waterford, Galway and Wexford, to mention a few places, might disagree with you on that one!
No, they'd only care if the Kilkenny hurlers went on strike