Time between onward flights?

macnas

How much time should you allow to change to a connecting flight in Gatwick. I get in at say 1.00 pm and have a connecting flight at 3.30pm. Is 2.5 hours sufficient? The chances of a delay are slim?

according to the link below between North and South terminals in Gatwick 140 min is suggested.
[broken link removed]
If you have 1 flight ticket, ie dub-gatwick, and then a gatwick-outer mongolia... all on the 1 ticket, rather than 2 separate tickets, I believe that if you miss the connection the carried must provide you with a seat on the next available flight (at least that was the IATA regulations a few years back). Separate tickets don't have that safety net.

Both flights are in and out of the South Terminal in Gatwick with 2 different carriers. Ryanair and Easyjet. Time between arrival and departure is 2 hours and 20 minutes. I think it it plenty assuming no delays.....?

Yep it's plenty assuming no major delays - As I'm sure you know DIY connections like this are strictly at your own risk (as opposed to through flights on a single ticket) ... while the airline might be sympathetic to you if you do miss your flight because of a delay they're under no obligation whatsoever (and Ryanair dont' exactly have a reputation as Sympathetic )

Having said that I'd go for it

I think you will have plenty of time. You will have to pick up your bags from Ryanair and check in again with Easy-jet. The check-in normally closes 40 mins before a european flight so if there are no big delays you should be chilling out in the lounge with a cold drink and lots of duty free when your flight is called.

Thanks for the comments.
Sheena1 whats that 'bout duty free? I thought duty free was only available when you are leaving the EU?

Personally I think you are leaving it a bit tight. You always have to allow for delays. These days delays can be quite lenghty.

Thanks for the comments.
Sheena1 whats that 'bout duty free? I thought duty free was only available when you are leaving the EU?

Are you leaving the EU? If so you can buy duty free. If not you can't. But remember that Booze and Cigs are still very cheap within certain EU countries.