Timberframe Build; Sealing gaps where ext wall sole plates meet rising walls

apple1

Folks,
Just completed erection of timberframe kit. Std kit with 140mm external wall panels etc. Would appreciate any advice on how best to seal around the perimeter of the house where the external panels are fixed to the rising block walls. According to the erector, the rising walls were level but obviously there'll be minor gaps under the sole plates. Is it worthwhile sealing these & if so, what is the best method. Thanks in advance, apple1

I'm working from memory here so forgive any errors.

The sole plate is laid on the concrete in combination with shims or wedges to ensure that the internal wall panels are level and true, so gaps between the concrete base and sole plate are inevitable..

The blocks are laid outside the wall panels (and sole plate) and the finished floors will be laid above the sole plate.

If I'm right so far then I don't see the necessity to seal the gaps between sole plate and concrete base.

the cavity in a timber frame is supposed to ventilated, so sealing of the gaps is definitely advised.

Will the finished floor Screed not come up to the top of soleplate ie bottom of the wall panel and seal any gaps between the soleplate and the block beneath?

No builder & mathepac - the finished floor was poured prior to the erection of kit & therefore wall panel sole plates are fixed to the inner rising walls (consequently on top of finished floor).

Syd...any advice on how best to seal around the perimeter? I know one of the larger TF companies provide rubber seals fitted to the underside of soleplates to prevent air leakage but I didn't have this option with my supplier.....hence the remedial activity!
Thanks, apple1

you might consider using an airtightness mambrane around the base....

[broken link removed]

perhaps contact this company for help.

Back