Timber Mill Artane D5

Hasslehoff

I have been looking at new developments in Timber Mill Artane across from Artane SC. They wont be ready until Dec 06 according to the builder. Anyone know anything about the current units which are all sold , the area is reasonable and close to Killester Dart and the Malahide road (3 miles to town) but a bit worried about what type of people have settled in the current phase.

i know some people in that development, i not sure what you mean by the 'type of people' there. The apartments are very nice and are in what is a good area of dublin.....

Sorry , should have said percentage of tenant versus owner occupier.I know that the corporation are under pressure to house people from Coolock , Darndale within the area so just wondering if any of the units have been let for same. I did have a problem with an investment unit in the IFSC whereby people from the local area ended up not too far away from my place and it caused me some grief. But will do my homework.

not that i know of from those who live there, seems a fairly respectable development, never heard of any 'antisocial' behaviour or anything like that

Hasslehoff said:
Sorry , should have said percentage of tenant versus owner occupier.I know that the corporation are under pressure to house people from Coolock , Darndale within the area so just wondering if any of the units have been let for same. I did have a problem with an investment unit in the IFSC whereby people from the local area ended up not too far away from my place and it caused me some grief. But will do my homework.

No matter where u buy, new old good area , bad area u never really know what kind of people u are going to end up beside, however artane is a good area and close to all amenities, if you dont wfancy that area you could always try milners square in santry, next phase coming soon.

I know a couple who bought a place there as investment renting it out 2 two young prof women who work in the local area, as far as I know, as other poster said, I have not heard anything bad about the development in regard to anti social behavior etc.

I bought in the last phase- Block B. I have not moved in yet, waiting on 2nd snag etc.

Artane is a very settled good area. I'm moving from Clontarf, so i'm sure that tells you something.

There is no social welfare housing in the complex- So it would be up to the owner whether they want to rent it out to social welfare recepiants.

There is affordable housing but with out that hardly anyone in Dublin could afford to own a property!!

Timbermill Apartments, Artane

Hi All,

Are considering purchasing an apartment (second hand) in this development in Artane. As far as I know, it is about a year old. The location is great for the Malahide Road,etc. Does anyone know about this development? Any feedback?

Thanks

D

Hi all,

I know a few people that live in there, they got them off the social welfare.. Its a lovely area and the people that i know in it said its quiet.

i have lived in artane all my life and its always been pretty quiet! u have the odd few teenagers hanging around but from what i have seen bout timber mills is that it is a nice and quiet area! Close to everything really! U have northisde shopping centre (due for a revamp- badly needed), artane s.c, mcd's, plenty of buses, local shops and a cinema in coolock and another in santry! i dont think u will be disappointed!

I was out looking at the development on Saturday and there was a minor incident where a little girl was hurt...won't go into details but I was very impressed that lots of residents came running to assist her.

My mum's family are from that area (literally yards away) and some of them are still around. Its a nice quiet area with reasonable amenities and good access to public transport.

As for the worry about social welfare tenants, after 10 years living in various rented places and recently moved into a house that was pretty much destroyed by scumbag tenants I can totally understand why you would not want to live beside them - unfortunately people on social welfare are on it because they have problems, and if they turn out to be behavioural or mental problems (as a proportion of them are) they can make very unpleasant neighbours. Having said that most welfare tenants are fine and no better or worse than private tenants (and there are a good few psycho private tenants too) but at least owner occupiers have a vested interest both in the property (i.e. they maintain it) and keeping on good terms with neighbours. Unfortunately you never know until after you move in, and things can change pretty rapidly.

In fairness in the last place I lived the most antisocial residents were owner occupiers and they made their immediate neighbours lives such hell everybody sold out or moved on around them, renter and home-owner alike.

I'd have to agree with Iff12..

Me personally i would love to live around Artane, it is a lovely area and as stated b4 every area has its bad parts. Timber Mill is in an ideal location..

My friends had nothing but good things to say about the complex itself and the area around it, yes they are on social welfare but they are probably some of the soundest people you could meet.

Does anyone know about parking in the development? I'm in the process of buying an apartment there and have been told that the price is inclusive of one parking space (underground). In a letter from the solicitors however it says I have a "general right" to use the overground carpark. Are spaces assigned or is it a free for all?

Aonfocaleile- Basically what I was told by my Solicitor is that you are assigned a parking space (mine is the same no as my apartment) however it is not technically yours i.e say 5 years down the line and all the unassigned spaces are sold and someone wants to buy one they can in reality sell them your space.

I didn't want to take that risk so i bought 1 so now I have 2- handy for visitors or if i wanted to rent the space.

As for being a free for all- I think you need a code for the under ground car park and the spaces are no'd the same as the apartments.

If the apartments come with an assigned parking space I don't see how they could sell it in the future, once its covered in the contract? Getting :mad: at the thoughts of "my" parking space being sold!

Yes but legally it's not yours and if someone want's to offer 10k+ for it there is not much you could do about it.

In reality it may never happen-but you never know??!
that's what I was told, check with your solicitor

Back