Timber Front Door

Aimee

we have decided - at last - to have a timber front door and back door made up by a joiner for our property as we have had bad luck with factory made doors to date!!

anyway, I have checked through posts and can't really find an answer to my query - which is - what kind of money would you be talking to have a door made by a good joiner - I am only looking for a rough figure, the budget is getting tighter and I'd like an idea before I meet up with someone - don't wanna flip over and die at their feet :D The door would be a sheeted door with a small window - no 3 point locking system - just the door!

Cheers!

Hi Aimee, Standard 6'8 x 2'8 Door only - Sheeted both sides (same on inside as outside) and small rectangle or diamond to top. Aprox €500 plus vat @21%

Just gone through the same process.
Been out of our house since June with renovations.
2 joiners quoted circa €1,750 plus VAT for solid pine door with 3 diamond/square windows. Other half wants lots of light.
We were stunned, but checked with neighbour across the road who got solid teak door with 1 diamond window, side gate and side porch window - for over €4,000.
Hope that helps you weigh up the quotes you're getting..

just in case it will be of use to anyone down the road, we had a teak front door made for front with one glass panel and a teak half door made for the back with glass in top panel - total cost was €1100-00 - fabulous doors, really well made, worth the money for sure!

Can you put up the details of where you got the door made, or else PM it to me.

Thanks

Would it be possible to post the details of where you got the doors here? I'm trying to look for a new front door now and would prefer wooden to PVC but have no idea where to even begin. Is it possible to get someone out to measure, supply and fit door?

Back