timber frame windows north west

priscilla

timber frame windows northwest

hi, can anyone recommend good quality timber windows in the north west area, thanks.

Haughey Joinery Ltd., Listillon Letterkenny Donegal
Tel: 074-9122044 Fax: 074-9125337

MacBride Bros Joinery Ltd., Knockagarron Convoy Donegal
Tel: 074 9147560

They are 2 locals I know off and I haven't heard of any bad reports about them.

There are loads of others but ask some of the friends and neighbours who they dealt with and what sort of job they got done

Re: timber frame windows northwest

True windows in Sligo do timber widnows. Have no idea what they cost or what they are like to deal with.

Their phone number is 071 915 7898 and webwite is www.truewindows.ie

Rationel I'm sure would have an agent for the North West. Their Dublin phone number is 01 409 2900 and website is www.rationel.ie

Ruam

thanks nutty nut and roam, i had a look at true windows already but was concerned that they and a lot of other window companies use scandanavian pine which hasn't really been tested over a long enough period in ireland. they also tend to be heavily lacquered making them look more like pvc windows than wood and what happens in 5 years when they need to be treated again, do you have to strip all that hard lacquer off first. i would like to get teak windows that i could treat with teak oil, i got a quotation from kiernan & mc goldricks but cant find anyone who has used them and i've heard so many horror stories of people having problems with their windows that i'm a bit wary. a visit to those joinerys quoted might be an idea , anyone else used them?.

Priscilla,

Just to flag you, I have heard over the weekend that Kiernan Mcgoldrick are to 'cease to trade'! Not sure if true but be warned...

thanks osho, can't believe it , i've been trying to get good quality windows for ages without much luck. i did have a look at true windows sipo windows and they do look great but i couldn't hear of anyone who had dealt with them so i was a bit wary and they were also comming in 15k more expensive than mc goldricks and i had a few good reviews from them so thats why i settled for them, they haven't measured yet so it looks like i'm back to square one again. did you go for true windows yourself or have you heard any reports of their work?. or any idea why mc goldricks are 'ceasing to trade?. thanks again priscilla.

Try Vrogum Windows, agent is FGH Property Services, Clonberne, Ballinasloe. I've used them and they tick all the boxes for me.