Timber for Landscape construction

ckc123

We are considering installing 15 timber posts, standing up, outside as part of a landscape design for our home. The posts will be approximately 300 x 300. Any recommendations as to what sort of timber we should use, where we can source it and how should it be treated?

Thanks.

You mean 300 mil square? What height?Pressure Treated set in cement. You could use gateposts (like the type that are available to farmers in Agri stores). What part of the country are you in?

We are in the mid-West. I don't want to use pressure treated wood - would prefer hard wood - 300x300 mm - 2.5 - 3m high.
Thanks.

Pressure treated will probably last as long, and probably cost a tiny fraction of hard wood. If you want 300x300 in a single piece rather than a few pieces laminated together, you're talking massive money for hardwood. I also think this would be a waste of a scare resource, but that's my opinion.

I got quotes for rough sawn oak a little while back, all 8' lenghts, it was €15 for 6x1, €46 for 6x2, and €115 for 6x3. I can only imagine what 300x300 would cost.
Leo

I am a landscpe contractor/ designer - try clonee sawmills.

they can fairly much supply anything you want thats timber
oirish

Back