tiling round a shower enclosure - aquapanel?

NOAH

I am now double checking evrything my builder does and making sure I go for the "RIGHT" option. I am going to have an en suite in one bedroom that will be enclosed with plasterboard on 2 sides. The idea is to tile onto the plaster board direst, ie no rough plaster first. however, I read up on a thing called aquapanel that appears to be the best option as it is waterproof et.

Any advice and I dont want to go completely overbaord but this is my last house and I want it right from the outset. I will be there 20 years plus dv!

help

here is link for aquapanel

noah

Hi Noah, see here for a discussion on tiling directly onto plasterboard. The green paper lined plasterboard is also moisture resistant, compare the prices for this with the aquapanel.
Leo

From reading the links about Aquapanel, it appears that you can tile straight onto it. No need to plaster etc. beforehand. Can't find any suppliers of it in Ireland though.

Just saw that Aquapanel stuff in B&Q Liffey Valley at the weekend...would be interested to hear about any experience with it as we'll be looking to finish off a new shower enclosure soon.

Went to have a look at the Aquapanel in B&Q Liffey Valley yesterday.
Sheets are 1200mm x 600m x 10mm, which is quite small.
€21 per sheet. Would be too costly for me to clad whole bathroom.
Most of the sheets on the pallet were damaged too.

Back