Tiling over Cracked Concrete

BMD

Hi,

Can anyone offer any advice on tiling on a concrete floor that has some hairline cracks? Is there any products that can be used to prevent these cracks appearing in travertine tiles

tell us a bit more about the floor. how long there etc

At a guess they are just drying/shrinkage from the original build and wont be an issue at all unless they are getting bigger

They are cracks that emerging as the screed is drying out. At the moment they are only hairline, however I want to be sure that after I tile that the cracks aren't going to get wider over time and cause cracks in the tiles.

Is there anything I should do when laying the tiles to ensure that if the cracks do become wider over time that they won't carry through to the tiles?

it shouldn't be cracking so much unless the mix was too "strong" and wasn't kept wet to keep it cool during the initial drying phase.

I posted another link recently on this subject, here -

http://www.pci.uk.com/en/Tilingadvice/HowToGuides/TilingOntoConcrete/Pages/default.aspx

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Hi,

Does anyone have any further advice on this e.g., the use of membranes over the cracks etc.

Back