Tiling kitchen

pinkstars

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could give me recommendations on tiling my kitchen. I was thinking of tiling half wooden flooring the other half, can someone give me ideas please? Not sure whether it would be better to tile the whole kitchen.. Its quite big!

Last edited:
I tiled my kitchen half and half and it looks lovely but....the tiles are bloody cold underfoot so unless you have underfloor heating I'd do either:

a) laminate the whole thing using a waterproof laminate such as Aqualoc (what I'm doing on new house)
b) laminate with waterproof tile effect laminate, either half and half or all effect. The aesthetics of tiles with the warmth of wood.

Depends what effect you want to achieve.

Are you trying to break it up into two zones?

Or would it be better to flow across the whole area?

What are the practicalities in terms of use / abuse?

What specific concerns / ideas / questions do you have?

We have a kitchen come living area. As far as i remember its about 30 ft long. Kitchen taking up about the first thrid of that. We did the whole floor in wood and it looks great. Our neighbour on one side did the whole area in tiles and looks equally good but they say its very cold. Our other niehbour did the split. Put tiles in the kitchen and wood flooring in the living area. Have to say the split looks shorter. It seems to devide and shorten the room?

Thanks for all replies, awaiting keys for the house and will have a good thinnk about it then...opinions are interesting though ;)

Back