Tiling dilemma - different shade on one tile

Brenno123

hi ive just had my bathroom tiled on a new build and the guy did a great job....

however..

i was short bout 8 tiles (travertine filled and honed) and had to get new ones...the rest of them seemed to blend in fine but there is one on the wall and it is a lighter shade than the rest and its bugging me....just one tile.

Questions

is there anything i can buy to dearken the one tile a shade darker(they are beigy tiles) before they are sealed?

if not, is it hard to remove one tile in the middle of the wall and replace it(i have a few spare tiles that are the right shade)?

as you can imagine its very annoying when rest of bathroom was so nice!

I feel your pain - there's nothing worse than having one stick out and it'll bug you til it's fixed! I had tiles put down in my house last year and noticed one was hollow on kitchen floor. Lazy ass tiler tried convincing us it was perfect but made him take it up anyway. It wasn't a huge job but so glad he did it now. I reckon it could be taken out but there might be a possibility a couple around it crack when it's taken out. If you have a few spares you should be ok I reckon but I'm not a pro.

Back