Tiling Bathrom to help sale?

Virginiaman

We are selling our 3 bed bungalow, purchased last year, as its just me and Mrs we did not tile main bathroom, just the en-suite, wondering if it would add value to tile it now prior to sale, have a good quote for tiles etc circa 1k, any advice welcome.

Why 'inflict' your taste on others? If they don't like it they will re do it and you will waste yr money. Otherwise go for plain and neutral tiles

I think it depends on the rest of your house. If the rest of it is in tip top condition then punters might be disappointed with the bathroom and be turned off (rediculously). If the rest of your house needs updating then leave it.

Having bought and sold a couple of times in the past years and having extensively viewed properties I've noticed that people tend to either be looking for a house in v. good condition, needing little or no work, or looking for something that they can get a better price on - if it needs work.

If you do decide to re-tile then definitely go for neutral colours (no flowers or dolfins!!!!).
Ask your estate agent for their advice and take on it.

I was in a similar situation recently, wasn't sure about tiling bathroom before we put house on market. We asked the estate agents when they came to value house, 3 said don't bother and the 4th said to tile in a plain white or neutral colour. In the end we didn't bother and house went sale agreed within 2 weeks. Once it's clean and fresh looking it wont make much differance. This was a semi-d in an estate.

Back