Tiling at steps

10to1

Could anyone tell me what I would need in terms of tile strips etc. where I am tiling a stepped area both rise and going in 15ml limestone to protect the tile from side impact chipping it?

If you let the tile on the thread over the riser tile, so it forms a flush 90 dregree angle, it should give some protection. For more heavy duty use, a Grade 316 stainless angle (say 20 x 20) should do. Drill and fix this to the limestone.

I would be reluctant to drill into the limestone. Is there a tile strip available for 15ml tile?

I'm talking about putting the strip over the leading edge, so it forms an 'L' over the edge of the step. I drilled much harder porcelain ttiles last weekend, limestone is pretty sort so a good quality masonary drill bit should do this easy. Other than that, not sutre what else you could do.

Thanks quinno. I'm pretty sure the limestone would crack if drilled. 20ml from the edge is very close and the tiles break very easily when handling them. It's the impact side on that chips them so a tile strip covering the 'going' tile might do it but as you say it's good to cover the riser tile

Quinno - Found a nice nosing piece from [broken link removed] available in Dublin from Lomac Tiles about 21E for 1.5 m length. Looks the biz thought I'd share it with you and fellow tilers