Tiling after a bathroom has been fitted out?

Joe Nonety

In the bathrooms there are electric showers, radiators, sinks and toilets. Can these all be disconnected in order to tile the walls and floors beneath them?
Are they a big job (expensive) to disconnect?

Should all be DIYable if you know what you're doing. I'm guessing most plumbers wouldn't be interested in a small job like this.
Leo

Joe-the sink and toilet should be lossened enough to lift about an inch or so,just enough to slide a cut tile underneath-any more movement and it may damage the drainage pipe on the back,especially with the toilet.
You can cut groves in the tiles so they slip around the holding bolts and allow the toilet/sink to sit on top and be re-tightened.
As for the shower this can also be disconnected and tiled behind, but if you want to take it off fully I would consult a plumber and sparky-when you go to re-attach the unit make sure you have a quality drill and the proper tile drill bit which any hardware shop will supply you.
Mark out where you holes will be drilled using masking tape and a pencil as this also helps to prevent chiping and cracking of the tile.
I'm an amatuer learning from my mistakes and no pro but I would give it a go myself if I were you-to get a tiler in costs about 20 to 30 euro's a sq yard.

Turn off the valves at both sides, and disconnect the rad from these. i.e., leave the closed valves on the feed pipes to stop the flow. You will then just have to deal with the amount of water that is in the rad.

Make sure you pay attantion to how many turns it takes to close the lockshield on the rad. You will need to re-open by the same amount when you put the rad back in to keep the system balanced.
Leo

Im in same situation. Plumber gave quote to take out 3 sinks, 3 toilets and radiator. Said it would cost €300-350. Took half hr to take out. Left a mess. Didn't cap one of the pipes which lead to leak, luckily enough noticed it in time. Will take him longer to fit back after tiling but still not going to give €300 for it. Does anyone else agree this is expensive?

Will take him longer to fit back after tiling but still not going to give €300 for it. Does anyone else agree this is expensive?
Expensive, possibly. It still doesn't allow you to not pay for it.... "not going to give €300 for it". If you didn't agree a fee in advance you're open to him giving an expensive price, should he invoice it as such.