Tiles Everywhere Including Living Room?

Anna Lucia

Ok, Am doin lots of renovating at the mo we have knocked wall that divides kitchen & dining room to make one large room and I was planning to tile from the Hall door in to kitchen & dining room, utility room downstairs toilet all in the one tile. Now I think I want to tile the sitting room aswel - I know its very continental which is a look I like, The tiles are very large squares and the tiler is laying them very close together they are cream polished porcelain, I thiink with maybe a nice rug it would look good in there. Opinions Please & thank you.

Re: Tiles Everywhere Including Living Room??

I think it'd be so handy for cleaning and will make the space look bigger - you lose out on the cosy feel of wood though and it might feel a bit monochrome unless you add some colour in walls, rugs, furniture etc.

I have seen this a lot in Europe and it looks stunning. Buy one or more thick rugs for the winter and it will be cosy too!

Well Anna Lucia, just to add my two cents worth, we have tiled all the downstairs, including living room & sunroom. The living room and sunroom are cream porcelain as you describe with terracotta coloured border/skirting tiles and yes we're thrilled with it. You might consider in certain situations that a tiled skirting instead of a timber skirting can look very well. You'd need to check the particular situation, type of tile etc. first and its not to everyones taste although it is very continental and does away with ever painting skirtings ! We just did that in sunroom and looks well I think.