Tiler costs

lyonsa3

Hi,
just a quick question. I have a tiler coming around tonight to give me a quote. There will be a kitchen, hallway and 3 bathrooms (about 44sq yards). Its a recommended tiler (from poland) from a builder i know down the road. What ball park figure does anybody think it should come to?

i got 58 yrds of polished porcelain tiled by a polish tiler for 990 for cash. that works out about17 per sq yard. he said he would tile ceramic tiles for 15 a sq yard

I have a similiar query as above but for 12 sq yards of splashback. I know this tends to be a bit more expensive.

Also can anyone recommened a tiler in the cavan area.

Lastbuilders

My tiler is very reasonable. He charges 20euro per sq. yard. for alsmost any types tiles ( except for mozaic or slate). He woould charge a bit more if there is a design involved in putting down the tiles.
He is also very good at this. We are very happy with his work

I am involved in a tile company in the Cork area.
Tilers on our books generally tile at the following rates:
Ceramic = €17/18 per sq yd.
Porcelain (up to and including 45cm x 45cm) = €17/18 per sy yd.
Polished Porcelain (including 60cm x 60cm) = €21/22 per sq yd.
Marble = €25 per sq yd.

I was qouted Eur45 a square metre to have Victorian tiles laid, .. I did it myself, no big deal, still just goes to show, again, what rip-off chancers "work" in my neck of the woods.

ALERT

I just spoke to my very patient tiler a while ago myself. I booked him for my house in August because thats when It was due to be finished. He was later booked for Monday coming but nope no house. He does not have Public liability Insurance so most builders wont let him in the house.

If its a new house, check with the builder who can go onto site because if the Polish guy has no safe pass and/or no public liability Insurance then he wont be allowed work in the house. PLI is if the guy falls in the house and hurts himself he sues the builder instead of you.

If its your own house then it depends what part of the country you are in. My tiler(friend)(irish) is doing it for €1050 cash. Its a kitchen floor/splashback/utility,3 bathrooms and the hall. Its a standard 3 bed semi so not massive rooms.

You should be aiming around the €1000

by the way, Im putting down regular tiles on the floors, marble splash in the downstairs wc, marble mosaic on the upstairs bathroom floors and standard tiles elsewhere. My tiler was not charging any extra for the type of tile so long as the tiles were not big tiles. I dont know why big tiles upset him but.........................

Back