Tileloc - tile effect laminate - opitions/advice

Kitty

Just wondering has anyone used Tileloc the laminate effect tile from B&Q? Any thoughts on quality (vs ceraminc Tiles)?
Also, are they easy to put down yourself? (I'm relatively unexperienced at DIY but willing to try it - the guy in B&Q said it was easy to diy it). I have 2 bathroom floors to do - not a huge area.
Does one start at a particular point or tackle the wall with the sink and toilet first?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Kitty.

Hi Kitty,

i have the blue/black slate tileloc laminate in my bathroom for over a year now and find it excellent. It's warm underfoot, easy to clean and joins seamlessly. The underlay you can do yourself, but for a neater finish, remove the toilet, then lay the laminate and replace the toilet (only takes a few minutes) It looks much neater than cutting around...

@)

Hi Triplix,
Thanks for reply. I also like the fact that these tiles are not so cold as ceramic to the touch.
Re your tip about removing the toilet - (I first thought you were kidding, but had a look last night and see there are 2 screws holding it down, so presumably it can be moved). Perhaps this is a silly question, but what about the water in the bowl?

Turtle77 - I think they cost about €40 per box - which covers 1.75 sqm, plus the underlay is about €30 for 10sqm - not 100% sure though - thats the price I got on the phone, but the salesperson didnt sound 100% confident. I plan to go out and price them this weekend

Kitty

re water in the bowl - i got a plumber!

I'm not sure of the thickness of the Tileloc but if your talking about something similar in thickness of tiles then I'd imagine you should be able to remove the 2 screws on the toilet bowl and slip the tileloc under the bowl without fully removing the bowl. Take care not to break the seal at the outlet from the bowl to drainpipe (4" pipe) and the inlet & outlet on the 2" pipe from the cistern.

Thanks for that Pee - yeah I think Tileloc is about same thickness as regular tiles, but will investigate at weekend. This DIY lark seems to be so obvious and logical when its explained - but probably not so easy when it comes to actually doing it.
Speaking of obvious, I'm sure there is an obvious joke there somewhere crying to get out re your name and "the water in the Bowl" !?!?