Tile Paint

mickeyg

Saw the above in Woodies at the weekend. Has anyone used this paint on tiles - wall or floor and, if so, what is it like?

mickeyg said:
Saw the above in Woodies at the weekend. Has anyone used this paint on tiles - wall or floor and, if so, what is it like?

Some people think it's a good product however my own view would be if you can afford it retile over whats there or remove whats there and tile away, I moved into a house 3 years ago and the wall tiles in the kitchen had been painted over using tile paint (found can in the shed) and it looks terrible hopefully going to sort it for good this summer.

Good Luck

I started a lovely mosaic effect (blue & green) in my shower off the utility but gave up half way through! Some of the paint peeled off. I used Ronseal Tile Paint but I bought a tin of International paint that I had intented finishing the job off with but haven't got around to it yet. A friend of mine painted all the tiles in her kitchen with International, all one colour and it looks fab. I would never do 2 or 3 different colours again.......very bad idea.

I used a universal primer and painted over a tiled fireplace with eggshell paint. It looks great but it's not very durable.

I used the melamine ronseal paint on the kitchen presses and it did a really fantastic job.

Rebecca