Ticknock Hill

S

simonc

Hello,

Thinking about buying an apartment in Ticknock Hill near Lambs cross, up the road from Marley Park.

I know it is not close to shops, and would be a problem in the snow. but the views are fantastic over Dublin Bay.

Just wondering what would people's opinion about the development?

Cheers,
Simon.

I note that nobody has answered this query. So, am giving you second hand advice.I walk and drive past the devt many times,especially walking towards Dublin hills.

If you get a great view, if the apt is a reasonable price, if you can't hear any M50 noise -you really must stand on the balcony for some minutes and ask the auctioneer to go away then O.K. And there a few shops -convenience, chemist,oizza etc.

But ..
..How do prices compare to the Wykham Development (next to wesley college.)? These are 10 mins LUAS, Dundrum S.C. and far easier to rent if you ever leave.
The Ticknock apts are 30+ mins walk to LUAS/Dundrum - and 45 mins walk back up the hill (via Kingston).
On a snobby note - there is social housing to the east of the apts.

I have family and friends living there.

There are shops within the development, a pharmacy, a medical centre, a spar, a hairdresser/beauty salon, a pizza place etc.. Theyre called Blackglen (well the pharmacy is Blackglen Pharmacy).

Its a very quiet development. Never once heard anything re anti social behaviour or any kind of negatives that way.

Its not good for public transport. In the snow, the management company send out someone to clear the hill, it was completely impassable. But when it was cleared it was great - easier than my own estate which was ignored!!

Its DREADFUL for parking. One of my family members is in a house and we leave the car in the driveway there if going to the friends around the corner, as you literally cannot park anywhere. Investigate thoroughly how many parking spaces you would get and where visitors would park - visitor parking has been a nightmare since it was built. I have been verbally attacked on the street for pulling up to collect someone by a resident who claimed I was blocking her in (her car was 50 metres away and I wasnt even parking!).

oldnick - i dont know where the social housing is myself, but not heard any negative stories about it.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. We have put in an offer for the property. It is not a low-ball offer and we consider it a fair offer.

The offer is rejected by the seller, who of course would like an increase. But the seller will NOT give a figure for a counter-offer, so we are not even sure whether the asking price would be what the seller is looking for.

Is NOT returning a counter by the seller a reasonable negotiation tactic, or am I wasting my time with this one?

Back