Tickets to Liverpool Matches

pricilla

Hi,
I have a weekend booked in October in Liverpool (yay) and am hoping to get some tickets to the match. It's a surprise birthday present and it would really make the weekend brilliant if we got them.
I've looked into buying them from the club but it seems impossible, plus they only issue them 2 weeks before the date, which sounds a bit risky.
Should I buy them off a website now for £100 sterling each (and the other team aren't even that good) or wait to see if I get them from the club first.

I'm totally clueless. Any advice would be fantastic

It is unlikely you will get them from the club I would say - most top teams in the premiership would sell out all of ther home fixtures and season ticket holders / regular match goers would be in there first I'd say. Shop around on the web see what you can get there are a good number of sites for match tickets - many will be package based though i.e. include hotel which you may not want.

Hi Pricilla,

I started up this key thread on Sports Trips (football/rugby etc) some time ago in the hopes that everyone would add links to exactly the type of thing that you are looking for now. Unfortunately it does not appear to have anything on Liverpool yet but just general knowledge.

Hopefully this thread will attract some further answers.

Oh thanks lads, that's very helpful. I'll do my best and I'll keep ye posted on how I get on.
Fingers crossed.

if its not a 'glamour' game like you state you will have a better chance of tickets also you say you are there for the weekend. big matches have a habit of being bumped up to sundays at 4pm for sky. so maybe a run of the mill game is your best bet. if there is such a thing with euro champs.

You won't be able to buy tickets online unless you have a"fancard" your best bet is to call into a travel agent and ask about buying match tickets only , most do not do this but you might be lucky , expect to pay 80euro and upwards for the tickets though

Hi! Just to let ye know, I got 2 guaranteed tickets for the match. Well there's really no point in going for the weekend if I don't have tickets.
They cost *drumroll* 135 euro each. I joined 2 supporters clubs, but they can only maybe get the tickets so I'm glad I have some confirmed now, even though they cost tons.
All I have to do now is keep my mouth shut and not ruin the surprise!

What???

cuchulainn said:
big matches have a habit of being bumped up to sundays at 4pm for sky. so maybe a run of the mill game is your best bet. if there is such a thing with euro champs.
This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Mercy Tonight, they can't do that can they? I'm f**ked if they do because the flight is on Sunday afternoon at 6! Can they do that? It's not usual is it? This is more nerve wracking than buying the house. You were only joking were you. That would be the biggest let down of all time.
Honestly, is that likely to happen??

Six of Liverpool's Premiership matches have been selected for live television coverage so far on Sky Sports and Prem Plus pay-per-view starting with the first game at Middlesbrough on August 13. Liverpool's first game of the season against Middlesbrough on Saturday, August 13, at the Riverside Stadium will now kick-off at 5.15pm and be shown live on Prem Plus.

The home game against Manchester United at Anfield will now take place on Sunday, September 18, kicking-off at 12 noon and be shown live on Sky.

Liverpool's confirmed live Premiership TV dates so far

Sat, August 13. Middlesbrough (a) 5.15pm, Prem Plus.

Sun, September 18. Man United (h) 12 noon, Sky Sports.

Saturday, September 24. Birminghbam City (a) 12.45pm, Prem Plus.

Sun, October 2. Chelsea (h) 4pm, Sky Sports.

Saturday, November 5. Aston Villa (a) 12.45pm. Prem Plus.

Monday, December 26. Newcastle (h) 3pm. Prem Plus.

That's disgraceful.
It's the Blackburn game on Saturday the 15th of October I'm interested in, where can I keep updated about that Baz?

Should I change my dates to fly back on monday just incase? Yeah I think I will anyway.
Feck sake.

I have changed everything now so it doesn't matter. The accomodation was no problem but Ryanair charged me more than the cost of the original flight to change the booking.
This weekend is costing me a fortune!!
Thanks a million Baz, I'm going the Friday Saturday and Sunday night now, so they can do what they like haha.

Hey Pricilla

Sorry to see its costing more than you originally planned,but if he's a liverpool fan he will really appreciate the effort you are going to so try not to let it get to you

BTW, where did you get the tickets in the end ?

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

Well, if you are who I think you are, it really is a small world. You wouldn't be from Cork by any chance?

just read this thread now. be wary as well of change of dates because of Champions League and League Cup duties. last year the Liverpool Blackburn game was put back by a month to accomodate the League Cup. with a hectic fixture list you may get caught.

I know sohotickets.com do tickets for all the games, I went with them last year - looking at using them again shortly. I received the tickets special delivery 2 weeks before the game last time so I will do the same.