Tickets for rugby internationals - worth joining a club?

Staples

Can anyone advise on the arrangements within rugby clubs for allocating tickets? If someone was to become a member, how strong would their chances be of getting tickets for internationals?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a member of the supporters club and tickets were easy to get for the autumn internationals and I got 2 for both of the 6 nations as well, although they sold out quickly

In terms of clubs, I don't know what it's like to get tickets there, but if it's like the GAA for all irelands, then firstly it depends on the size of the club, (senior clubs for example might get more then smaller junior clubs) as to how many tickets they get. I know in the case of my own GAA club, a number are held back for ballot for active members (players etc) and then the rest are balloted amongst all members

In my experience, it's an expensive overhead if you choose to go that route.

I played rugby with a club up to about 10 years ago. In that time I was a fully paid-up member and could get the tickets I needed, usually North Terrace, without a problem.

When I stopped being a playing member, I became what they called a Pavilion member, though the cost of membership is similar. The sole purpose of keeping up the membership was to be able to get tickets.

A few years ago, after the annual subscription and occasional levy went above €200 per year, I let it go. In addition to that cost, there is also an administrative cost charged so, divided out by the number of tickets, the average spend per ticket was getting beyond me.

And that was before the new stadium opened and the IRFU got the pricing wrong.

And, if you weren't a player in the Club and not known to the ticket committee, you're unlikely to get a ticket when demand exceeds supply.