Tickets for Broadway

seanied

Hi going to New york in April and i would like to go to a show on broadway.
Does anyone have recommendations on shows to see and where is the best place to get tickets.
Thanks in advance

Start by doing a search on here, loads of threads already.

My current faves are Avenue Q, Wicked, Colour Purple, Spamalot and Spring Awakening.

For discount tickets, avoid the queues at TKTS and pre-book on www.broadwaybox.com.

I think you can still tix for Broadway off ticketmaster and lastminute.com

You have to go see the LION KING! It is amazing! Video Clips available on broadway.com. Really enjoyed it....

We went to see Phantom of the Opera 3 years ago an it was truly magical. Small theatre and spent a bit extra for great seats and honestly it was one of the best evenings we have ever experienced. The place was full so the atmosphere was amazing and I guess with it being our first NYC trip it all added to the ambience. Depends on your musical taste I - I recall similar postings on AAM - do a search.
Ideally I guess it would be better to book in advance and secure the best seats on a weekend night maybe ?

www.tkts.org - Broadway and Off Broadway discount Booths. Located in NY @ Times Sq (Marriott Hotel) and South Street (around the corner from Abercrombie & Fitch on Front Street)

Our tickets worked out at about half price and there was no queue at all at the South Street branch

I was in New York recently and we saw two shows - Xanadu and Monty Pythons Spamalot. Both were excellent - fantastic evenings entertainment. You can buy tickets on the day of the show at a 50% discount from the official ticket office which is next to (or almost sort of under ) The Marriot Marquis Hotel which is located on Times Square. Tickets are sold at 3pm and when we were there people started queuing around 2.15/2.30. There is a lot of good natured banter in the queue and when 3pm comes the line moves very quickly. Yes, you run the slight risk of not getting tickets for a particular show but there is so much choice this shouldn't be an issue. Recommend that you ask not to be in the first three rows - we were the first row for one of the shows and felt the effect was spolit a bit as we were craning our necks. We paid around sixty dollars for the tickets. I would recommend going to The View bar either before or after the show - it is on the 48th floor of the Marriot Marquis Hotel and has amazing views and cocktails. And it revolves...what more can you ask for?

Back