Ticketmaster - Sold Out Shows & Searching

MANTO

Maybe there is a simple answer that i cannot think of, but why does Ticketmaster let you search for tickets for a Sold Out show?

Why dont they flag is as sold out rather than tell you to try different search options?

another Ticketmaster Question to add to yours Manto,

Why do Ticketmaster assign you what they think are the best seats available instead of allowing you select your own seats?

Very annoying. Perhaps they think that once you want the tickets you'll buy them on their website http://www.getmein.com/ticketmaster-uk.html
IMO touting in another guise. Take Paul McCartney for example. Tickets are selling for GBP£146-GBP£1,000 for the Dublin gig.

Well that answers why i get emails from GetMeIn - I never signed up but they obviously used my ticketmaster account email.

That too RonanC. Your view and my view of Best Seats could be totally different.

Back to GetMeIn -

In the UK, it is illegal to resell tickets for designated football matches without authorisation of the club, so you will not find those tickets available on GET ME IN! without authorisation.

The UK government has recently investigated this issue and it has called upon the events and ticketing industry to offer its own solution. The government also concluded that a well-functioning and honest resale and exchange market has clear benefits for consumers.

Ticketmaster and GET ME IN! are directly responding to the findings of the government and their recommendations, and we are commited to delivering more choice, flexibility and protection for all ticket buyers

I am sorry but thats pure bull IMO - its another platform for touters to rip you off IMO.

The government also concluded that a well-functioning and honest resale and exchange market has clear benefits for consumers.

I use Munster's ticket exchange from time to time if I need an extra ticket for a league game. The price is always about 10% more than the official price to cover costs of exchange. I think that's about right and proper. Only makes the difference of €2.20.

Viagogo is also well priced for Man U tickets. The only downside is that the tickets only become available after the match has sold out with the club. That can mean you can have flights booked and end up sweating on the availability of tickets.

GetMeIn is nothing but electronic touting. Let's take the Wales game at Croker. Cheapest ticket available is GBP£110 for the Hill. They range up to GBP£495.20. That is absolutely criminal.

I think (though I may be off the wall!) that this is because there are technically a couple of seats left available but they are allocated to the Wheelchair (+ carer) section.

I would imagine they have to leave a facility open to buy online, these tickets for those who require them.
Until all of these are sold, its not 'technically' sold out, despite having no general public tickets left available.

It can be frustrating though....theres always a little bit of hope there, when it allows you to continue with each step!

Why do Ticketmaster assign you what they think are the best seats available instead of allowing you select your own seats?
Very difficult to allow you to select your own seats when there are hundreds of simultaneous users looking for the same seats. While you are browsing, seats are being picked up by others. The system would need to spend all its time refreshing the display.

Hence the model of allocating seats to you for 2 minutes to complete your transaction.

Very difficult to allow you to select your own seats when there are hundreds of simultaneous users looking for the same seats. While you are browsing, seats are being picked up by others. The system would need to spend all its time refreshing the display.

Hence the model of allocating seats to you for 2 minutes to complete your transaction.

I have used other ticket websites for sporting events and was able to select the exact seats I wanted. When you select the seats it checks if they are still available at that moment you select them. Simple system really. (website was official Barcelona FC)

Back