Ticketless flights paid by credit card

ophelia

Is it necessary for the holder of a ticketless flight to be able to present the credit card with which they were purchased if asked at check-in. I seem to remember someone saying this caused a problem for them at the airport. I travelled this Summer and was asked on one occasion and not on other occasions. my son is travelling minus his Dad's credit card next week and I'm a bit concerned, eventhough Aer Lingus said he didn't need to have it. What do you think?

What did the airline in question say when you rang them?

You'll only get a definitive answer from them.

Hi,

I travel on ticketless flights all the time, and have never been asked for my credit card at checkin.

The only issue was - once I was trying to use the Automated Self Checkin, and in order to print my ticket, the machine requested the credit card which has been used to book the flight. My card had actually been stolen and I had cancelled it, so it meant I couldnt do self check-in and had to go to the counter to checkin.

Your son should be ok, but ring the airline just to be sure.

I travelled on SAS a month ago - booked my ticket online with my own credit card. Checked in at the automated machine and just typed in the number on the print out i got when i booked. There was no mention of credit cards. I also did the same with Aer Lingus a while back too. Passport is all you need as far as i can see. oh, and a toothbrush.

Have used both Aer Lingus and Ryan Air ticket less flights booked with my credit card on numerous occasions and have never been asked for anything other than the confirmation code (the five/six digit letter/number bit).

Often get ticket less flights with work and would be totally unable to provide the credit card used for these bookings.

The last couple of flights the check in staff didn’t even want the code, just our passports to check against the passenger list.

Same situation with the auto check in. Passport and code are just fine (in my experiences), never been requested to provide the credit card.

hi,
if its aer lingus you dont need the credit card. Im a regular traveller and use my boyfs credit card always when bking and have never been asked for the credit card, you need the confirmation number. where's he travelling to? If its america and hes getting internal flights of partner airline he may need it for self check in??