Three car seats one car - ford focus C-max!

katdar

Hi!
Has anyone managed to fit 3 car seats in the back of a ford focus C-max.? We're due baby number 3 in a couple of months time and I really dont want to change car. The car seats that I currenly have wont fit, they're Britax. Maybe different car seats makes/ models may be a little bit narrower? Childrens ages are 4,1 and pending new arrival! I just want to see if its possible.
Thanks for the help.
Katdar

Hi there, I have a Hyundai Trajet and 2 baby seats. Had to get a new seat for my 19 month old the other day. I got a fine 1 in argos for €75 euro which will now do him until he is finished with car seats/boosters. My other son sits along side him in a graco which only uses the 3 point seat belt which will also turn into a booster seat when the time comes. The new seat will eventually turn into 1 of these as well. Hope this helps some bit.

I'm surprised that you're having problems fitting three seats into the c-max. I nearly bought one last year for that very job. We have two britax seats and a booster seat in the back of our kia cee'd sw and it's a snug fit. The c-max i test drove looked like it would take any seats no problem but it would appear otherwise. You should go to somewhere like mothercare (i have no connection with them) and they'll let you try different seats to see what works/ doesn't. Some seats are very wide where they fit to the car and cause problems with seatbelts. The britax we currently have are among the narrowest at that point and just fit between the seatbelt buclkes in the seats. Others i looked at were too wide at the base and i couldn't even latch the seatbelts!
Best of luck.

ollie

Back