Threats to our environment – Information & Misinformation. 18 January, 6pm, Royal IA

Brendan Burgess

Founder
A useful seminar on Monday
. Book here

[broken link removed]

Threats to our environment – Information & Misinformation.
18 January, 6pm, Royal Irish Academy
Sponsored by the Irish Times and the Environmental Protection Agency.
Chairman: Dick Ahlstrom, Science Editor of Irish Times
Panellists: Peter Mitchell, Professor of Experimental Physics at UCD – Nuclear
Peter Lynch, Met Éireann Professor of Meteorology at UCD – Climate Change
Martin Cormican, Professor of Medical Microbiology at NUI Galway – Water
Darina O’Flanagan, Director of the National Health Protection Surveillance Centre - Viruses

Re: Threats to our environment – Information & Misinformation. 18 January, 6pm, Royal

Another interesting RDS lecture

There are still limited places available for the next lecture in the series if you wish to attend.

“Capturing Ireland’s Low Carbon Opportunity”

Speaker: Dr Brian Motherway, head of Strategy and Innovation at Sustainable Energy Ireland. Dr Motherway is responsible for SEI’s work on policy, analysis and on enterprise development. Before joining SEI three years ago, he worked as a consultant on environmental and energy policy.

Lecture Date: Thursday, January 21 at 6.00pm in the RDS Minerva Suite, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Attendance is free, but advance booking is essential. Please feel free to circulate this information as widely as possible to relevant colleagues.

For bookings please either respond to this mail or contact me on the number below. Apologies if you have already received this email.

Kind Regards

Paul

RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Tel: +353 1 2407215
Fax: +353 1 6604014
paul.farrelly@rds.ie http://www.rds.ie/

Re: Threats to our environment – Information & Misinformation. 18 January, 6pm, Royal

Will be going to the RIA on Monday evening. Should be interesting. I just hope that there's balance.

Did anyone else attend? If so, what did ye think of the session? Personally speaking I thought it was quite informative and balanced.

Back