Thoughts on the new advertising signs throughout Dublin.

G

GOBSTOPPER

Next time your in Dublin City center have a look at the monstrosities the Dublin City Council in its Wisdom :rolleyes: Have allowed JC Decaux take control of and erect around the footpaths of our Capital, and for what ? A deal which will give the good people of Dublin something like 500 free use bicycles (which will probably be heavily advertised on ). The signs are already up and not a free bike in sight ! Not that its a good deal anyway. IMO this is another folly along the lines of those other monstrosities which were erected on Capel /Grattan Bridge which cost an absolute fortune and were removed in the quite of the night some time ago . Looking at the positioning of these massive billboards JC must be laughing all the way to the bank. And I know Dublin City Council will generate some income from them but be sure JC is doing much better . It disgusts me that the fabric of our streets can be scarred in such a way by councilors who obviously haven't got the best interests of the people of Dublin at heart.

Thanks for that excellent link I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is disgusted by this offense on the people of Dublin .

[broken link removed] also has plenty of info on the bill board debate

Not worth the cost of 500 bikes which will inevidently go missing - did we not have free bikes introduced a few years ago and all go missing within days?

Not worth the cost of 500 bikes which will inevidently go missing - did we not have free bikes introduced a few years ago and all go missing within days?

Free bikes ? that idea was introduced to Amsterdam a few times with the result being addicts would steal the bikes and sell them to get drugs. Nevermind the fact that the population of Dublin divided by 500 doesnt make any change whatsoever on even a miniscule level; is DCC so stupid that they believe we live in some idealistic utopia or what ?

In a years time a dredging of the liffey would probably account for most of them.

Back