This Friday is the deadline to pay by Single Debit Authority or by Credit Card

Thanks for the heads-up BB, just went on and set up the SDA now.

It seemed to set it up for next year as well - sneaky or saving me the bother next year?

I don't consider it sneaky. It's a pity they didn't do it last year and we wouldn't have had to worry about it this year.

Although I had written a piece about it when I got my letter, I had forgotten about it until I heard it on the news today. I got the letter in October.

There seems to be a partial sneakiness/ineptness as I paid as a one off debit last year yet when I login, it states that I pay by deduction at source. I didn't get letter as a result. Had I not checked I would have been late paying...

Thanks for the heads-up BB, just went on and set up the SDA now.

It seemed to set it up for next year as well - sneaky or saving me the bother next year?

I noticed that and I also thought it was a bit greedy of them so I declined the offer. I don't like agreeing to something that won't take effect for 15 months. I guess they trying to reduce their workload for next year.

I must be a bit contrary so. I was annoyed that last year, they did not allow me to set up a direct debit with an annual payment. As far as I remember, I asked them about this and suggested that they do it in future years.

I had completely forgotten about paying it until I heard it on the radio. Had I been on holidays, I would have been late.

Brendan

I paid it in the local post office yesterday in 1 go.Simple and easy.

What is the penalty for failing to register on time ?

Hi I called Revenue earlier to set up a single payment authority for a friend for the 2015 payment. At the same time he paid the 2014 bill by debit card, when asked if there was a penalty for the late payment, I was told there were no penalties at present but there might be penalties for late payments in the future.

Considering the extortionate penalty charges that were attached to the NPPR, Revenue are being very patient here.

Last edited:
Hi, i became the owner of a property late December 2014, I have not recieved any letters and i had forgotton all about LPT. Should i give revenue a call to discuss payment tomorrow ?

As moneybox points out, the previous owner is liable.

However, it is likely that there was some clause in your contract that you would reimburse the seller. So check with your solicitor.

Thank you very much guys, i checked with the solicitor and it looks like there is no clause in the contract.

Back