Thinking of upgrading water and house heating system

MoiMoi

Hi

The house i am currently in is using storage heating and boiled the water late evening until early morning. Is this still the best solution at the moment?
I am also starting looking at other option: E.g: Installing The solar panel to heat up the water and change the radiators to heat the overall house using the circulate hot water, is that possible? or is there any better option out there? Any guru would recommend something? Thanks

Storage heating is about the most expensive form of standard heating. These don't use water though, electric elements heat bricks overnight, these then release the heat during the day.

Is it an appartment or a house you live in? If you do have storage heaters, to change to a water based system will be disruptive and expensive. Floors will have to be lifted, holes drilled through walls, etc. to run the heating pipes throughout. Is natural gas available?

I live in a house and there is no natural gas. What is the best solution? Solar panel for water and gas heating?

Moimoi

IMHO look at this in a holistic manner.

Think heat retention before heat production.

As in - Insulation solutions before heating Solutions

Firstly For solar, what demand do you have for hot water, if its minimal the costs far outway the saving's as for space heating, there are many heat sources available but the most affordable would be oil or gas.