Thinking of switching to Energia

bitethebullet

Hi All, I'm out of cobtract with electric Irleand and thinking of switching to Energia.
They seem to get good reviews on trust pilot. I would be using them for both gas and electric.
Anyone here have anything good/bad to say about them?
Their charges seem to be the lowest according to bonkers.ie

I have been with them for three years and I must say they are fantastic, customer service couldn't be better. Every year I call around renewal and they always give me a great new deal. I check the competition but Energia always comes up trumps. Their website is concise and clear and customer is texted to send in meter reading before billing. Apparently they like to hold onto their customers and they appear to be succeeding.

I Only have electricity with Energia but they are my preferred supplier. No problems dealing with them over several years.

I was with them and then moved for a better deal but now I am back with them again this year after getting a good deal. I have had no problems with them.

I use Energia for dual fuel and find them very good renewing several times. As Saavy99 mentions, they appear to value customer retention.

I switched to them for both electricity and gas. Most importantly, I saved a fortune, but I find the app, the billing, and the customer services people all excellent.

Excellent, as others said. I used their Cosy Homes scheme to improve the insulation of the house and that was also hassle free and well done.

Edit: plus their electricity is 0 emissions

I don't think it really matters who you switch to, as long as you switch every couple of years or so.

When you switch, choose the lowest cost supplier at the time of the switch.

The electricity and gas supplied will be exactly the same in all cases. There are no such things as Energia electrons, Bord Gaís electrons, etc nor Electric Ireland gas moecules, nor Flowgas gas molecules - by the time they get to your house, it is impossible to say where they came from

If you care about the source of the energy, then by all means choose a supplier with more environmentally friendly sources, but everyone pays for these via the PSO levy so that doesn't really matter either.
Imho, it's mainly a marketing trick to make you think you are doing the right thing. It does have a slight advantage of forcing all suppliers to look for more environmentally friendly sources but that is more a question of regulatory forces than marketing forces.

Of course, as you said, all the electrons from all sources are mixed in the network. It is about the generation of electricity at source.

I switched to them as they were the cheapest, for me, at the time. I've had no issues but, come renewal time, I'll be switching to the cheapest provider at that time.

Back