thinking of changing from a 2005 Volvo S40 to a 2002(ish) Mercedes S320. Opinions?

Gulliver1

I am thinking of changing from a 2005 Volvo S40 to a 2002(ish) Mercedes S320. What are peoples opinions? Are there any S-Class owners out there with opinions, suggestions etc.?

I am particularly interested in the comfort aspect, fuel consumption etc.

Any S-Class information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Obviously not a very sensible thing to do but fair play go for it.

Nice car make sure and get the best spec one you can.

Realistically you are probably looking 20mpg or less if you push it.

Make sur and get one will all the toys and make sure they are all working.

Everything will be expensive to fix.

Of course you will have to assume the position on the road tax. 1400 or so.

Seeing as you are looking at a 3.2 anyway I would say keep an eye for the rest up to the 500 should not make much difference on fuel efficiency and the 500 will tend t ohave more extras.

How much are to looking to sell the Volvo S40 for and how many miles are on the clock?

Re: thinking of changing from a 2005 Volvo S40 to a 2002(ish) Mercedes S320. Opinions

go for it, but dont buy a petrol. the s320 cdi is the one to get.

In my opinion i think unless you are going to drive the s320 into the ground you are mad.

There are tons of s320 coming from singapore and malaysia and flooding into ireland especially around the year you are thinking about.

If you try and resell the irish car you will be competing with the imports on price and if you buy one of the imports you will find it very difficult to get i serviced or get a main dealer to take it as a trade in.

To be honest if you are looking for comfort why not look at a volvo s80 and go to a main dealer where you will have a full irish service history and much better chance of a trade in. That being said the volvo will depreciate very quickly.

I think you are crazy to be going so far backwards.

Just my two cents

Re: thinking of changing from a 2005 Volvo S40 to a 2002(ish) Mercedes S320. Opinions

volvo s80 - yuck

Gulliver

Is your S40 petrol or diesel and is it 1.6 or 1.8.

Let us know .

Back