things to do in London

mazie

Hi all

I'm heading to london for a wkend at the end of the month, i was looking for a few suggestions on what there is to do in London. I've two full days and want to make the most of them.

any suggestions would be greatful

Mazie

One thing that you must do in London is be very carefull on the streets at night in many areas as muggers are always on the look out for tourists as they are soft targets

London Eye
Covent Garden
Go to the a West End Play
Harrods & Harvey Nicols (if you like shopping)
Changing of Guards at Buckingham Palace at 11:30 (can be cancelled easily due to bad weather)
Thames River Cruise
Tower of London

we were in london few yrs ago for a wedding and spent 2 days sightseeing, we did bus trip, madame taussauds, london eye, thames cruise, took a stroll around some of the main areas etc.
when we were there 7/7 bombings had just happened wk before so many tube lines closed and feeling of unease around the place so don't think i enjoyed it as much as i would have at other times

Perhaps I passed by on a good day but I have found 'Speakers Corner' to be both hilarious and interesting .

As with any city don't try to pack everything in at the expense of not getting a feel for the city itself. I always enjoyed just wandering around London sometimes pretty aimlessly on foot/bus/tube. There is so much to see there that you need to be selective.

Visit one of the many markets that are held on Saturdays and Sundays as you could get some exellent stuff for sale at very cheap prices ..... there are markets in Hounslow West . Brick Lane . Wenbly . and many more also there are very good car boot sales held on Sunday in many parts of London