There is an extra 4cent in my BOI Account this morning.

Towger

Someone in BOI is playing silly buggers.

I logged on to Banking 365 and their was an extra 4cent in one of my accounts which I use for ATM withdrawals. In this account I, keep the balance to the euro and the balance of around 100 euro. (I don't believe 1/2 inch magnetic tape + PIN as a secure form of ID.) I have two previous ATM receipts for this month showing the balance at 60.00 and 0.00, and the extra 4 cent is present going back to at March on the transaction main screen, but does not appear in the 'Customise a Statement' transaction list!

BTW I am well aware that 365's systems do funny things with the balance while updating in the dead of night, but it 10:30 in the morning now.

Is all that new IMF money overflowing into other accounts

For the transaction main screen, they start off with this morning's real time balance, and work back from there to calculate previous days balances. For the 'Customise a Statememt', they use a different method.

The transaction this morning that has affected your real-time balance should be visible tomorrow.

The extra 4 cent is also on an ATM receipt from this morning, so am I right to assume this 4 cent is comming from BOI's main systems?
My understanding is that 365 is standalone system written by a 3rd party, which is why is does a messy update each night.
BTW is it possible to get BOI to display both narratives for each transaction, their swapping of the two narratives for credits transactions is becoming more of a pain.

T
My understanding is that 365 is standalone system written by a 3rd party, which is why is does a messy update each night.

No. It was developed in-house by BoI, with 3rd party support.

Also, it can store just one narrative per transaction. Without getting too far into the detail, the 'first' instance of the transaction is an interim one, pending the receipt of the actual transaction details from the originator/retailer/device. Once receipted, that's the final instance of the transaction.

Also, it can store just one narrative per transaction.

It must be costing BOI a fortune in phone queries, at work we phone the branch every second day to find out who payment '12323/092' etc came from. We have asked about getting the two narratives at the branch, but to be honest the request goes over their heads.

.. phone the branch every second day to find out who payment '12323/092' etc came from ..

If the transaction came in electronically (i.e. EFT) then there is no other detail available. If it came via paper, and they have sight of the paper, there may be no further detail available.

The thing is, there should be more detail if the transaction came in by EFT. There are two (three including the 'Destination A/C Name') narrative fields, 'Users Name' and 'User's Reference' on each transaction.

True, but all of that additional detaul gets stripped out / discarded before the transaction is commited to the Bank's own in-house account system.

And, not all such data, on all transactions, is worth retaining.