Theory Test for driving

redbhoy

I booked a theory test for my friend recently and noticed on my credit card statement that the company which runs it is in Manchester.
Surely it would make better sense to have an Irish company running the theory tests for driving on the Irish roads!
Am i being unrealistic here? Why send our money to a foreign company?

Why send our money to a foreign company?

Where have you been for the last 20+ years? - the whole premise behind the EEC / EU is the establishment of a common market without barriers to entry for any business - any company within the EU can tender for any contract within the EU; particularly government contracts which have to be advertised across the EU.

Would you be moaning if an Irish company won the contract to provide Theory tests in England or Spain ? How do you know that any Irish companies actually tendered for the contract? Do you know of any Irish companies with experience in this area (maybe not if we have never had Theory tests before) ? I could go on ad-nauseam......

I was just wondering.
Is this not part of a government dept? (dept of local environment?)
Could we subcontract the Dept of Transport to some other European country?

Redbhoy

make sure he/she does a bit of study i took that test few years back without doing a bit and thought i could breeze through but failed it and had to do it again awfull pain in the ass

[broken link removed]

This is a website where you can sign up for one day free access to mock tests which you can do over and over for the day. Would highly recommend it as the poster above is right, there are some really obscure questions in there. (slight problem is multiple choice answers for fines are given in pounds not euros, even though it is for the irish theory test) Incidentally, I'm doing my test on Saturday for a provisional Motorcycle licence. Doing it in Naas. Anyone know if there's car parking at the test centre?

Goodluck with the test hopefully will have stoped raining by then
dont know naas test centre am also a biker but did mine in finglas
bikes are the only way to get anywhere these days!!!!!

Naas test centre. There is a multi-storey car park (called - I think - the Town Centre) on the opposite side from the test centre is...the test centre itself is in a very small building, but they had signs out the last time I was there - even though the arrows were pointing the wrong way!

redbhoy said:
Why send our money to a foreign company?
Ya why? are we not doing it already like, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Boots, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, British steel,Vodaphone,O2, Sky, Shell, statoil, Caterpillar,non national workers to name but a few,

bskinti said:
Ya why? are we not doing it already like, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Boots, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, British steel,Vodaphone,O2, Sky, Shell, statoil, Caterpillar,non national workers to name but a few,
And it's not as if we are any good at it iin thhe first place. If we were there wouldn't be a queue