theme park tickets

indebtedgal

Hi

Have been to florida in the past and usually get one ticket for each entry to the parks. this year we are going for a bit longer and would appreciate any advice on best deals on theme park tickets. below are the places i'll want to go to. (in order of prefererence)

Discovery Cove
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (On Same day)
Sea World
Wet n Wild
Busch Gardens

Any tips on which multi ticket to get and where to buy...
Also any goods sites to visit relating to things to do in st petes beach..

It's a while since I was last in Orlando, but the best value ticket was the Flex ticket. The 4 park version is for Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet & Wild; the 5 park verison also includes Busch Gardens. A ticket is valid for 14 consecutive days from day of first use, and you can visit any of the parks included on your ticket as often as you like during this period. I'm not aware of Discovery Cove being included on any multi-use ticket.

There are lots of places on the internet where you can buy tickets. I know I got a great price on mine but can't remember who from! Just make sure that whoever you buy from has a track record of keeping their customers happy. If the price seems to good to be true, it probably is! One company I know of that has been around a long time is Ticketmania, their current price for a 5 park Flex ticket is $242.

I was there in June, and went to Disney, Sea World and Busch Gardens.

For Disney, best place we found was their own Web site, getting multi-day tickets.

For Sea World and Busch gardens, we went to their own Web site: they had a ticket that covered both, which was a good discount on buying separately. In general, the multi-day and multi-park tickets are definitely worthwhile. Pre-purchasing before you go can also save time queueing, and is certainly not more expensive.

The only real downside is trying to figure out beforehand how many places you're going to visit and how many times.

If you try and visit a theme park every day or attempt to do more than one in a day, you'll need a holiday to recover from the experience.....

Hi
Discovery Cove
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (On Same day)
Sea World
Wet n Wild
Busch Gardens

Right so I've been doing some research of my own on this recently and the costs vary. You don't say whether you're taking kids or not, so I've priced this per adult.

Discovery Cove/Sea World/Busch Gardens:
This costs $279 per person (no distinction made for kids) for the full day which includes food and drink. Earliest check in is 7.45am and check out is 5.30pm. Discovery Cove guests also benefit from 7 days free admission to Sea World or Busch Gardens. For an additional $30 per person it's Sea World AND Busch Gardens. So if you want to visit both then it's €309.
What they don't tell you is that when you book there is a booking surcharge of approx $16 per person.

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure:
You can buy your tickets online in advance and print off a voucher/coupon. You then present this on the first day you arrive in the park. This will cost $74 per person. For $85.99 per person you get 7 days in both parks from the date of first use. Worth considering if you are there for a while.

Wet n Wild
We found that the last time we travelled, this park wasn't great and we much preferred the 2 disney waterparks. If you are going to Disney (and I'd recommend it), you might consider getting a magic your way with park hopper and fun visit ticket. This means you can visit more than 1 park a day and get access to the 2 disney waterparks, namely Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach. It works out better value.

HTH

thanks mo3art

its sounds like you know what your on about. no kids travelling, just 2 adults, and the theme parks above are the ones we def want to go to, but maybe will try a disney water park instead of wet n wild. because discovery cove is a priority i'm wondering would i be better off to get the ticket that does discovery cove, sea world and busch gardens, and then get a seperate ticket for universal/islands of adventure, and then a seperate one for a water park.. Have you been or are you planning...

Well first of all you'd better be thinking about booking Discovery Cove soon! They have a limit of 1K visitors per day and I know that certain dates book up quicker than others. Unlike Seaworld etc which would have tens of thousands through the gates.

We went last year on our honeymoon (so no children) and this year we are returning with 1 child. What we have decided to do to save costs is the following & trust me, I've searched nearly every deal there is to try and cut costs!!!!

1. Book Discovery Cove + Sea World tickets. You get a booking code which you present at guest services in Sea World/Busch Gardens if you want to use your 7 day pass in advance of your visit to Discovery Cove. Discounts for DC are few and far between however you might do well to watch the SW/DC boards on www.disboards.com to see if any do crop up. We're not doing Busch Gardens as we simply won't have the time.

2. Book the 7 day, 2 park deal for Universal Orlando & Islands of Adventure. This is great value if you purchase in advance online. If you use your MasterCard you get a $150 voucher with money off for meals and merchandising. Don't be ashamed to use vouchers anywhere in Orlando, they are well used to it.

3. Book car hire in Ireland. Having searched every discount car hire website going, I can say that the cheapest I have found is actually American Holidays in Dublin who offer all inclusive hire including insurance. Good Tip - Book a compact car as the car hire places normally don't stock a compact and you should get an automatic upgrade to the next size car when collecting your car.

4. Use a website such as Hotwire or Priceline to book your accommodation, the savings are phenomenal, we saved 60% on the cost of our accommodation this year. I only wish we had known about these sites last year.

5. If you are reluctant about staying outside of Disney, bear in mind that there are great savings to be had by staying within the Disney resort area. At the moment there are free Disney Dining Plans with your accommodation if you book from Ireland and a discount on attraction tickets also. If you're looking for an all in trip, it's worth considering.

Ask away if you have anymore questions!

my brother was there earlier this year.... he was asked to go and view apartments, and he got disney ticket free!