The Woods, Laragh Road, Rathdrum,Co Wicklow

I work just off Mount Street but thank god I got offered a job in Bray last week so handed in my notice here!. Thank god I will only have to do the town->Rathdrum commute for about a week or so, there is no way I could have done it. It's hard to leave a job after 5 happy years but no way could I do that commute. I like driving and want to keep it that way.
I couldn't believe how lucky I was with jobs down here, was really worried about it and I got offered jobs in Bray, Newtown and Woodenbridge but took the best paid one of course!. . Thank god a few places needed an accountant. Hubbie is in Sandyford so it's going to be fine for us!.
Hope things go well for you, the mortgage part can be stressful...put it this way 2 weeks ago I actually thought I was having a cardiac with the carry on of certain idiots. Right..better do some work. Best of luck, you will get to the "happy stage" before you know it!.

Hi, I am moving to Rathdrum on the 24th and very much interested in all that you are saying

I am an Polish au pair and I might be looking for an extra babysitting job in town. Available evenings and weekends( also overnights), happy to prepare meals for children, do the ironing or other housework.

Also could you give me more details about the town please? Any buses to Dublin, etc?
Thanks!

Hi, we love it so far. There is a train service to and from Rathdrum, but we both drive to work so I am not sure of times, look up www.iarnrodeireann.ie and you can check out the timetable.

If you PM me your number, you might just have found yourself a babysitting job as we don't have one and would love to start getting out more often. We could meet up for a chat anyway!!!.

You have the centra and gala shops, chipper, chinese, butchers, barbers, hairdressers, several pubs and Bates resturant and coffee shop. We are very happy there anyway!!. Best of luck with your move!

There are 7 trains from rathdrum to dublin monday to saturday with 3 to 4 on sunday,also 3 buses,

These busses go to Dublin? Is there a bus to Brittas Bay or other beach?
Thank you for your help!

I am not asking about work, but about Rathdrum, its bus facilities ets.
Also I am interested in possibilities of finding extra job there. I do not know the town yet and wondering if it will be hard enough or not.
Anyways, I read something about 133 going into Arklow but not sure if it goes through Rathdrum??

Interesting to read everyones experience with Rathdrum. We just moved to this area last year and I really like it. Initially we were renting in Rathdrum and now living in our own place just up the road in Ballinaclash.

My thoughts on Rathdrum are that its about to undergo a massive redevelopment. Even in the last few months they have started reworking the main square and several houses and presmises along the main street are being renovated. There were sever problems with the waste water system for years that held back any redevleopment. Sometimes I think it does have the look of a place that is still in the 50s but thats all about to change. Hopefull not for the worse

Actually, there is a HUGE housing development under way in Rathdrum called Mount View. If you take the turn at the sqaure and drive as if you were heading towards Glenmalure you will see it. I think there are over 150 houses being built there alone.

Transport wise I think the services are okay. As someone mentioned there are several trains a day but strangely enough, no service between 9.30 and about 3pm. It's definitely the type of place to have a car though and there's lots of things to see around the area.
Glendalough, Avondale House, Brooklodge, Aughrim, Glenmalure are all great places for walking and eating :O)

Haven't been in any Rathdrum pubs so I can't tell you when they're like.
Oh, and the place could do with a decent cafe. As someone who works from home, I'd love to be able to nip out for a nice coffee from time to time.