The Waterways, Ashtown

cerebral

Hi there,

Does any one have any information on this development, or anyone currently living in the area?

I really like the look of these aprtments and location would be ideal for me. Does anyone know if they are selling them as affordable housing?

Anybody any comments on this development..? Anybody living there at the moment that can advise advantages/dis-advantages..??

I live in a neighbouring block.

Pros:-
I'd buy facing the canal if I could for the view. There may be gurriers along the canal late at night though but I'd still buy for the view.

Cons:-
Parking will definitely be a problem. At the moment cars park on every scrap of pavement resulting in little or no room for walkers. As it is, sometimes the regular Dublin Bus cannot get by and we've seen situations where exasperated Dub Bus drivers honk their horn until an owner notices the sound and moves their car (very annoying on a Saturday night about 10pm a few weeks back - honking went on for about 25-30 mins; but it must have been worse for the bus-passengers!!!)

Car beak-ins when parked on roadsides. I've seen two/three over past few months.

These are not on the affordable and are not likely to ever be - even with the current economic situation the builders think their worth the money and aren't budging.

Visitors car park spaces are non-existant but its' a lovely area again i'd prob go for the canal view also.

Back