the wall above foundation but below floor level looks uneven...

drunat

Our builders started kitchen extension this week. They dug out trenches for foundation, found existing house foundation (apparently deeper than normal at about 1.5m deep) and poured new foundation yesterday. Today they started the wall and went as far as the floor level. They will now put stones around the wall they just built and then start on the actual walls (hollow block). I saw their work today and the wall that they just built (up to floor level) does not look even or level to me - some of the bricks are sticking out. The builders said that it's not a problem as there will be stones around it anyway and the wall will not move. I am concerned that my whole extension wall will be sitting on this uneven "wall". Am I right to be concerned? I would have posted a picture but can't figure out how to do it...

spoke to the engineer today - he saw it and said it wasn't an issue as the "step or slight misalignment of blocks" is in the corner and the wall is very strong in this location due to the interlocking of the side and rear walls at the corner.

Just make sure the quality of their work that will be visible is better!

Back