The Vytas Sukys Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteelBlue05

This is from rte.ie, if anyone saw the footage from RTE news about this guy then I think you'd be persuaded to help out....

More than E100,000 has now been raised in a special fund established to support the family of a Lithuanian man left severely brain damaged following a random attack by a Dublin teenager.

The fund was set up less than two weeks ago by gardaí who investigated the attack suffered by 50-year-old Vytas Sukys at Dublin's Royal Canal in September 2004. Mr Sukys cannot speak and cannot walk unaided after he was repeatedly kicked in the head during the attack.

A trained pilot in his native Lithuania, he had come to live and work in Ireland just months before. He now lives in a nursing home in Swords in north Co Dublin.

Since the fund was set up at the EBS in Phibsboro, thousands of donations have been made from around the country.Inspector Colm Fox, one of the gardaí who investigated the case, described the public reaction as 'phenomenal'.

Donations may be lodged to The Vytas Sukys Fund, account number 39993442.Sort code 93-90-21.

Thread locked by CCOVICH

We don't normally allow threads like this one, but I am making an expception in this case. However, I am locking the thread as I see it as for info purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.