The Village Rathborne

P

pinter

Hi All,

Have heard from HOK that the first block of apartments is finished and are snagging at the moment. Was wondering if anyone has seen the inside of them and what they thought. I have bought in the Tallow building and have been told that the build is on schedule and we should be moving in sometime in November.

Thanks

Oh that's interesting. I have bought in the Tallow also. Who told you that they would be ready in November? I walked down there a few weeks ago and it still looked very much like a building site to me.

Hi Hollyolly,

I cant remember her name but was the person from HOK who was assigned to the development, she is usually the person that they connect you to if you phone up enquiring about the development. Was there anything you have been allowed to change in your apartment eg bathroom tiling or the distribution of the electrical sockets. Was out there at the weekend and the road is open again. They have widened the bridge at ashtown station as well. The first block of apartments look well now that the scaffolding is down.

pinter said:
I cant remember her name but was the person from HOK who was assigned to the development, she is usually the person that they connect you to if you phone up enquiring about the development.

Her name is Jenny Fogarty.
She told me yesterday after i read this thread that snagging for the Tallow would be ready for October!

I bought in the Tallow also so it's not at the stage yet where we can change things in the apartment. I have emailed Jenny a few times and she is quick to respond so if you need to enquire about changing bathroom tiles you could email her. I took a wander down there last nite aswell and they look great!

I am wondering at the moment about visitor parking. I asked about it before i bought and was fobbed off with promises of a visitor parking area but it seems unlikely in an underground carpark. Am i worrying over nothing? I presume they will have to provide an area where guests can park?

A map of the underground carpark showing your allocated space was sent out to solicitors a few weeks ago, so yours should be able to forward a copy to you. Its hard to know how many visitor parking spaces there will be. I was also told at the launch that there will be spaces set aside so hopefully they stick to their plan. The fact that its an underground carpark shouldnt stop them from providing visitors parking.
Have you heard if there are any tenants organised for the retail units and the bar/restaurant yet?. Hopefully they will be filled soon after completion as its a long way to the nearest shop. The bar/restaurant looks like it will be pretty impressive once finished.

i havent heard anything about the commercial tenants yet at all but there are actually a few shops in the area. There is a spar and a centra on two of the roads just off the navan road, both only a 10 minute walk away and the tescos on Prussia street and finglas are both easily reached also. I got my underground parking space alright but i only have one and im just thinking about eg boyfriend calling over and having nowhere to park. I'm sure they will have to provide something-even in the retail area.

I've bought in the Waxworks - snagging on August 21st, which was a bit of a shock seeing as we were originally told November...

Check out , a new forum that may be more suitable for the issues being discussed here.

shellybob said:
I've bought in the Waxworks - snagging on August 21st, which was a bit of a shock seeing as we were originally told November...

Wow Shellybob that is a shock because part of the Waxworks hasnt even been launched for sale yet AFAIK. When did you get notice that your apartment has been completed? Can you then answer Pinters questions re changing things in the apartment eg tiling/ electrical sockets

Hi Folks,

I have also bought in the Waxworks building. We are due to snag in the 1st week in October. As far as I know the lower floors (I'm on the 4th) are snagging now. Snagging is being done one floor at a time. We have been told that they should be ready to move into in early November if all goes to plan.

With regards to bathroom tiles, myself and my girlfriend were told that the bathroom tiles cannot be changed. I'm not so sure about electric sockets, TV points etc. It might be a case of having a word with the builders (when you are doing the snag) and seeing if they might do it for you.

Also, there is a SPAR opening in the nearby Rathborne area. I would guess no more than a 6 or 7 minute walk. It may be open already, I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

i have registered The Village on and am told it will be accessible to us in the next 3 days. It seems like a useful forum.

The Village has now been added to

It can be accessed directly at

Regards,
Ciaran