The tough life of the 'hardened unemployed'

Yes I agree, but this person was in bed and couldn't get out of bed ended up that it wasn't very serious, but was told by the nurse that no doctor would call unless it was that serious, and em.. I would be calling the ambulance if this was the case. I don't know but maybe they were too busy to do home visits...

If this is the case, it is just dumb. For either of these cases, you need an ambulance with skilled paramedics, quickly followed by a hospital, not a home-visit locum GP.

I agree. doubledeb, you should make a formal complaint to the Locum agency.

I suppose, but you know at the end of the day, I appreciate the fact that there are services like that available at all rather than calling out your own doctor, there is a gp on hand if you need them in the middle of the night...

I suppose, but you know at the end of the day, I appreciate the fact that there are services like that available at all rather than calling out your own doctor, there is a gp on hand if you need them in the middle of the night...
It's hard work but they get well paid for it. If they didn't then they wouldn't be doing it. They are no more motivated by altruistic reasons than a plumber who's on emergency call. If they are not doing the job they are getting paid to do then you have every right to complaine.

It is crazy that more isn't invested in traing & education.

Why there are not more incentives foe people to upskill beggers belief.

How about this...if you are in court every second week for breaking the law you SW should be cut, all of these free houses should be inspected every year and if thet are damaged the cost of repairs should be docked from yous SW

How about this...if you are in court every second week for breaking the law you SW should be cut

Why? What is the logic?

If you ensure that people are punished properly in the first place it shouldn't matter. All crime should be punished.

...all of these free houses should be inspected every year and if thet are damaged the cost of repairs should be docked from yous SW

I've no problem with that at all but it would never be applied.

How about this...if you are in court every second week for breaking the law you SW should be cut, all of these free houses should be inspected every year and if thet are damaged the cost of repairs should be docked from yous SW
Where people have been found guilty of anti-social behaviour, and due process has been followed, people ARE taken off Local Authority housing lists.

And that's one of the reasons why healthcare costs in this country are high. When people see something as free, they will abuse the system that provides it, driving up the price. Also am I reading your post correct? What this woman really wanted was a bottle of capol, hand delivered at a cost of €150 to the taxpayer?

It is usually a good idea to get two sides of a story, before you rush to judgement.

i haven't had time to rad all the replies but i totally see where th op is coming from. This country is shagged and will remain so until these leeches are no longer allowed to live on our taxes. I seriously think that at the very least "the hardened unemployed" should provide a cleaning and laundry service for their employed neighbours and maybe a hot dinner everynow and then... Get them off their back sides...

I seriously think that at the very least "the hardened unemployed" should provide a cleaning and laundry service for their employed neighbours and maybe a hot dinner everynow and then....
There is a place where this happens. It is called 'the 19th century'.

It is usually a good idea to get two sides of a story, before you rush to judgement.

I'm going on what the Purple posted. Are you suggesting that he is lying?

There is always someone out to protect the deserving poor, because at the end of the day they are essentially a goldmine.