The three amigo's

geri

i have been feeling a bit more out of sorts about the pandemic lately and after a conversation with my sister about it earlier we came to the conclusion that we don't feel the same "we're all in this together " feeling since the departure of Tony Leo and Simon. We feel a bit abandoned!

We're not in this together. Did they pass new legislation to vote you an extra €16,000 a year, while other laws are hanging around for ages?

I thought this thread would be football related... I need a break from the other thing.

But seriously I think its a combination of the different risks for different people becoming apparent, and the need to resume mostly normal service...in an emergency people willing to knuckle down for a certsin amount of time.

"we're all in this together " feeling since the departure of Tony Leo and Simon. We feel a bit abandoned!

but sure Leo and Simon are still there only Tony is gone. If you and others were so passionate about Leo and simon how come they didn't get more votes at the election. They only got a third of the votes in the last election, if you are feeling "abandoned" blame the electorate.

If you and others were so passionate about Leo and simon how come they didn't get more votes at the election. They only got a third of the votes in the last election, if you are feeling "abandoned" blame the electorate.

Yes but the election was pre-covid.

Back then we were full of confidence and wanted more, and we were disappointed in Leo and Simon because they weren't promising more.

Now we are full of fear and far from wanting more we just want to protect what we have, so we love Leo and Simon because they seem to promise safety and stability.

To be honest I felt re-assured with Tony and Leo but not Simon.
Always felt he was out of depth given his experience as an executive minister with such a portfolio, he's a legislator.
Two of the main reasons Leo isn't Taoiseach anymore are Simon and Eoghan.

To be honest I felt re-assured with Tony and Leo but not Simon.
Always felt he was out of depth given his experience as an executive minister with such a portfolio, he's a legislator.
Two of the main reasons Leo isn't Taoiseach anymore are Simon and Eoghan.
The two main reasons are Leo not being able to keep his mouth shut and that little guy from the Shinners who dresses up as Trotsky and talks about housing.

It's all gone bad. Most people have mostly followed the recommedations since march. Recently though I am annoyed by things that have been happening. Golfgate, shutting parliament when one person sent for a test, you can you can't, you can, you cant, leave or enter dublin. The majority have a social conscience and will do the right thing for however long it takes. But the new three amigos MM, SD and RG are not really motivating me much lately.

I think they are moving Ronan Glynn back into the backround and using Paul Reid the head of the HSE much more, he is a much better communicator and has been since the start of the pandemic he is very calm reassuring and unsensationalist. Ronan Glynn as Mark McSharry eloquently put it " frightened the bejaysus" out of the public

Back