The Streets - Your Song cover version

elefantfresh

Heard this on Newstalk on Sat morning - anyone else heard it yet? I really like it - just played it twice on youtube - very good. But if you dont like The Streets i'd say his voice would put you off.
The texters to the show seemed to be 50/50.

Yeah, I couldnt argue with that Clubman - but he gets away with it I think because of who he is - his track record etc. Very talented guy whether you like him or not. Obviously not the greatest singer in the world but it seems to work for him.

Personally I don't like The Streets/Mike Skinner and would disagree with anybody who claims that he is particularly talented.

Not going to argue with you Clubman but his first album was very clever. There is definitly talent there - I can understand how you may not like it but hey, I don't like Bob Dylan and word has it that he's quite the talented chap.

haven't heard it but I like The Streets. First 2 albums were excellent. the 3rd was a bit disappointing but the song Never Went To Church is brilliant. He's a very talented songwriter and writes songs that are easy to relate to for the majority of people.

I believe that if some of his songs were in poem form under a pen-name, the reaction would be much different.

Am interested to hear this song now - don't like The Streets myself though. I think lyrically, occasionally, he can be quite clever in a wry sort of way but that's about it. Not at all convinced about the 'poetry' thing.

Cover's should always be different and this surely is and it turned out very good ,

I agree that covers should always be different. This is a disaster. I hope its not always on the radio like that woeful "dry your eyes" mate, that was played to death a couple of years back. Used to make me want to smash up the radio!

Not a Streets fan eh MandaC? Dry your eyes was a beautiful, sad song. Lovely melody with such sad lyrics which i'm sure most people could relate to.
Over played? No question. Played to death.

Back