The Strand Apts - North Strand Road D3

Sch3cter

Hi Guys,

My Wife and I are considering buying an apartment in The Strand apartment complex on North Strand Road in Dublin. Just wondering if anyone knows what the area is like and/or what the complex is like. I know NAMA have taken it over now but not sure if Cluid or dublin coco are putting people in there. Just looking for people's opinions. It seems like a really nice Apartment block from the viewing we had.

Thanks,
Robbie

Hi,
97 views so far and no one knows what nor
the strand is like as an area? I'm guessing from the silence online their mustn't be anything bad about it!if anyone can offer any opinion on it please do, especially Living in or around the area.

Robbie

North strand is not a good area from my knowledge and experience . Lots of addicts & crooks roaming around constantly,lots of nice people in North strand too ,but most would agree it has been neglected in the boom years and ravaged by Drugs and crime. Go for Docklands instead.

I am not sure where this apartment block is but I do know the North Strand Dublin 1. The further out towards Fairview the better.
Have you considered taking a walk in the area in the evening and go into the local pubs. You can get a good feel for the area by doing this. There is alot of anti social behavior in the evening around Seville place and Amien st.

North Strand is definitely not the cream of the crop as far as areas go, and while I wouldn't necessarily agree with everything the previous posters have said, personally I would not be rushing to buy an apartment there.

Definitely visit the area at different times of the day/night, and consider if you'd feel safe walking home from town at night.

Lived in a house around the corner for 4 years. Still get xmas cards from the old dears on the road.
Safer than people make out - never had any hassle apart from a car window smashed once but sure that can happen anywhere.

Cusack's is a nice local pub, handy walk to town. Decent local shops in Fairview (avoid the park after dark)

Like others have said I'd check out the area at night & see if you're comfortable.

Have a get out plan as I don't know if I'd want to raise a family in the area if you think that might be in your future.

Have you looked at the nearby Crosbys Yard? The main entry road is from the North Strand, but as the complex is a little away from the North Strand, it strikes me as a more pleasant place to live.
I have a friend who lives there in a one bed and he is quite happy there. For me if the prices were similiar I would chose Crosbys Yard.

Thanks for all the advice guys, We've decide to leave it for a bit. Too many bad reports from people. We did look at the crosbies yard apartments too but no mad on them tbh.

Thanks,
Sch3cter