The Stables, College Rd, Galway

lotus

Does anybody have any information on the above development? How well are the houses constructed? Sound insulation? Think they are built about 10 years.

Will be viewing one of the four bed dupluxes. Seemingly it has 2 single rooms though. Guide of €400k seems ok given its proximity to town.

I would live in the house and hope to rent the other rooms. Imagine I would have no problem doing this. I fear a lot of the properties may be rented in the vacinity though and this may result in noise etc. Also I would like to live somewhere which has mainly owner occupiers.

Any thoughts or info appreciated

I always felt that College Rd. was quite a nice area (without actually knowing the development in question), a lot of B and Bs.

lotus said:
Will be viewing one of the four bed dupluxes. Seemingly it has 2 single rooms though.

Do you think this is unusual? Even most of the more modern (regular) 4 bed houses I would expect 2 double and 2 single rooms

I would live in the house and hope to rent the other rooms. Imagine I would have no problem doing this. I fear a lot of the properties may be rented in the vacinity though and this may result in noise etc. Also I would like to live somewhere which has mainly owner occupiers.

I know this is completely off topic and nothing to do with the Location but do you not see an inherant contradiction in what you are saying here?

Actually maybe it does have something to do with the location. How can you be confident of renting out the other 3 rooms without any problem, but at the same time want to live in an area which has mainly owner occupiers and so wouldn't necessarily be popular with renters?

Back