The Rock Road is great

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I went out to Dun Laoire yesterday for the first time since the Rock Road has reopened.

Well it was worth all the hassle of the roadworks for the last few months. It had been extremely dangerous with cars running cyclists off the road. Now there is a dedicated cycle lane and a bus lane acting as a buffer between the cycle lane and the cars.

Those who don't need their car for work, should switch from their cars to bikes. It's a real pleasure cycling along in safety and at speed.( compared to the cars at any rate).

Brendan

i cycled to howth this morning on the cycle lane from clontarf and its great,hopefully dublin will get more cyclist friendly with more suitable cycle lanes.

bearishbull said:
i cycled to howth this morning on the cycle lane from clontarf and its great,hopefully dublin will get more cyclist friendly with more suitable cycle lanes.

http://www.s2s.ie/

T'would be great if this came to pass.
Much of the DNS route is already in place.

TarfHead said:
http://www.s2s.ie/

T'would be great if this came to pass.
Much of the DNS route is already in place.
interesting.also it would be nice to have boardwalks along the dublin bay coast where small stalls/outlets could open during the summer selling things etc.for example theres miles of space along the coast there from clontarf to bull island where temporary stalls and picnic tables etc could be placed but residents are sure to object.

Brendan said:
I went out to Dun Laoire yesterday for the first time since the Rock Road has reopened.

Well it was worth all the hassle of the roadworks for the last few months. It had been extremely dangerous with cars running cyclists off the road. Now there is a dedicated cycle lane and a bus lane acting as a buffer between the cycle lane and the cars.

Even better now that the N11 turnoff to nutley lane is not running back to Belfield flyover anymore... Was taking me 20 mins to make that turn...(Live in greystones so cannot cycle..)

Back